Jun 24, 2014

I'm going Herringbone Crazy!


After making and teaching the Herringbone-style card earlier this month, I have gone a little Herringbone crazy!  I just love that I can use up my scraps- you know the strips that are often left over after scrapbooking and card making.  I have never known exactly what to do with these scraps, not wanting to throw them out but thinking that I'd probably never getting around to using them either!  This card is such a great way to use up my paper scraps (each strip is cut to a width of 1/2") and I get a sensational looking card that's actually really very quick and easy to make! Win! Win!



Here is a card that I have made using some of the left over paper from the Workshops on the Go Balloon Ride Scrapbooking Kit and featuring one of the stamps from this kits as well.  I have used my CTMH Watercolour Pencils to colour in the rose and leaves on the stamp.  In this example I have inked around the edges of the strips after I have stuck them down onto a 4" x 5 1/4"piece of White Daisy Cardstock and before sticking it to my Colonial White card base.  I have used Desert Sand to ink the edges as it is one of my favourite colours for distressing the edges of paper, especially because of the vintage feel it can give to projects.



And here is another card using the same paper packet and stamp featuring a portrait orientation rather than landscape.  I love that all of the papers and card stocks in each of our Paper Packets and WotG kits match so perfectly- to really takes the hassle out of searching for colours and designs that work well together.  I have stamped the sentiment using Saddle Ink.



And finally, here is an example of a masculine card using my leftover paper cut into 1/2" strips from the Workshops on the Go Timberline Scrapbooking Kit.  I have stamped the 'Happy, happy birthday' sentiment in Lagoon Ink on Colonial White Cardstock and then mounted it on Lagoon and then Chocolate Cardstocks and raised it using 3D Foam Tape (which is my all-time favourite adhesive) to provide some "pop" to the finished card.

I can't wait to get back to The Crafty Shed so I can have fun making even more Herringbone cards!  Lucky I have lots and lots of paper scraps that I can use! I'll keep you posted on how I go.  :)

No comments: